• All members of the household are in agreement about adopting a dog - all adults will be present for the interview and meet and greet process.
• You have budgeted for good quality pet food and supplies, emergency medical issues, training, boarding costs, and adoption fees.
• You have set aside time during the transition period to bond with your new dog (long walks, various activities to build trust, a flexible schedule if required).
• You have the appropriate amount of time to spend with the dog (minimum 2 structured walks per day, regular training time, etc).
• Alternate homes/pet sitters/dog walkers should the dog require or if you are away on vacation.
• Relevant preparation for dogs with special needs.
• Basic knowledge of dog training and care (research put into the time required to bring a new dog into the home and prepared for adjustment period including but not limited to separation anxiety, accidents in the home, proper introductions to pets and people living in the home, nervousness in a new environment, crate training, etc). Finances for a professional dog trainer is needed.
• Willing and open to training ideas from ACZ
• If adopting a puppy - flexible schedule to ensure frequent potty breaks and all required puppy training.
• Willingness to reach out for help/advice for any concerns that may arise with your new dog.
• Willing to send pictures and updates to ACZ from time to time
If I can no longer take care of my dog, I agree to give the dog back ACZ in order for the dog to be rehomed. I understand that if I return my dog within the first 2 weeks of adoption, I am eligible to get 75% of my adoption fee back.
If I return the dog after 2 weeks, I understand that I forfeit the full adoption fee that I paid. Additionally, If I return the dog after 3 weeks, I understand that a surrender fee/surrender donation may apply.
In submitting this application, I understand and agree to the following:
I understand that any misrepresentation of the above information authorizes Animal Care Zone to deny application, and/or reclaim the dog that is in my home. I will not hold Animal Care Zone responsible, nor seek any compensation for damages, medical fees or other liabilities incurred by the pet I adopt.
Animal Care Zone will complete medical checks of the animal beforehand and assist with any behavioural problems beforehand, to the best of the team’s ability. However, I understand that Animal Care Zone cannot guarantee any dogs against parasites, diseases or destructive behaviour. I understand that there is a still a risk that I may be scratched, bitten, or may come into contact with a diseased animal. I agree to release and hold harmless the Animal Care Zone and its employees from any and all liability for any damage or injury, whether arising from this contract or a breach thereof or from any act of negligence or gross negligence by the Animal Care Zone, or its volunteers.